Lobster Shorts

If I ever have problems with the clothes I make for Turtle, it’s their size. This is because I sew at night after she’s gone to bed, and is therefore unavailable for fittings. That was the case with the linen pants I made her a few months ago. They fit once, but were too small within weeks.

They were cute though, so I decided to use the remaining lobster fabric for some shorts, and in a bigger size.

Another problem with many of the patterns for shorts is that they don’t take into account a diaper. The front is the same as the back, which means there is not enough room in the seat. I altered the pattern I have used for pants in the past by making the back piece bigger, and it worked great. Now, hopefully these will last through the summer.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s