Class Picnic Blouse

I’ve been on a sewing tear lately, inspired by the loads of new fabric I got a few weeks ago. One of those was the new Modern Workshop from Oliver + S in Cultivated Flower. I went so far as to plan out and label all my fabrics with what I wanted them to be, and this one seemed meant for a Class Picnic Blouse.

When I (giddily) ordered this pattern, I got the larger size range, because the small range ends right about where Turtle is now. I figured I would get more use out of it this way, and because both the top and shorts have elastic, I think a few adjustments will mean she can wear it now.

I may end up shortening the sleeves a little, because we are already into 90-degree weather here. Since this is a little on the big side, the sleeves that are supposed to be three-quarter will be essentially long sleeves on Turtle.

I’m also thinking I may try a cap sleeve with this bodice, maybe borrow the sleeve pattern from the Puppet Show Tunic or Music Class Blouse?

The only adjustment I made was to the bias trim that forms the elastic casing at the shoulders. The first one I made was on the narrow side and hard to fold under while still leaving room for the elastic to go through. So I trimmed very close to the stitching on the second one, more than the suggested quarter-inch, which left more room to fold over. Much easier.

Now we just need to fish our picnic basket out of storage and we’ll be ready to go.


One thought on “Class Picnic Blouse

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s