I’ve said before that I’m not big on tiny floral prints, even going so far as to eschew the luxurious Liberty brand. It’s just not my thing. But I have seen some lovely Swingset Tunics made up in these prints in the Flickr pool and thought I would step outside my comfort zone. I found this lawn/voile at a local shop and grabbed it.
I was totally into it until I saw the finished product. I lengthened it by about 3 inches or so since my darling daughter will only wear dresses. Maybe it’s the length that throws me off, but it just looks a little “prairie” for my tastes.
I did use a new technique to finish the edge of the facing, which bothered me in the previous one I made. Per a tip from the Flickr pool, I used bias binding to enclose the edge. Much better.
Stella loves it and wore it immediately, so that’s all that matters.