I have never made a Burda pattern that turned out well. I don’t know what it is, but I have some kind of curse against me when it comes to these. The lounge pants I made today are no exception.
The only good thing I can say about them is that they’re comfortable. I made them in the evening, which was my first mistake, because I’m always distracted and hurrying to finish. From there, it was all downhill.
I attached one pocket to the ankle instead of the hip, and proceeded to work on it for 30 minutes getting it just right before I realized it was in the wrong place. I put the waistband on wrong so that the drawstring is on the inside.
I find Burda instructions and techniques downright bizarre. The one pocket that I did put in sticks out and looks ridiculous.
I will make another pair because I hate this feeling that I wasted my time and money and I do like the design of the satin waistband. I’ll use a heavier weight knit, skip the pockets and stock up on patience.