I couldn't tell you the last time I wore a “miniskirt,” per se. It's just not part of my normal rotation. Come to think of it, I really don't know what possessed me to purchase this pattern.
I'm really glad I did though. It went together well, and I sewed my first real fly zipper.
Of course, something about my “technique,” as it were, made my skirt waist shorter than the waistband. I agonized over how best to fix it for a long time, because I had absolutely no fabric left, not even a scrap. In the end, I used portions of what I planned to use as the facing and cut a new facing out of a contrast fabric.
I need to make an Archer Shirt sooner rather than later. All my button-up shirts have seen better days, and this one is way too short.
My skirt had a pretty bad gap at the back waist, proving once again that I need to slow my roll and make muslins. As it was, I added two darts back there after the fact. Next time I will size down on the waistband and grade out to accommodate the ol hips. The skirt is a bit snug there.
I top stitched all of the seams for a “jeans” look, but since it's black you can't really tell.